Pertinent Information for Visiting Teams
- 8 lane pool with racing-striped bottom and targeted ends and both a 1m and a 3m diving board in attached 12.5' diving well. No swimmers are allowed in the diving well during a meet.
- Large parking lot (250+ cars) with overflow parking within 200 yards walking distance for 500+ cars on other side of Tolleson Park (entrance to overflow parking area is off of McCauley Road, one block west of King Springs Road; see map). No parking on the curb is allowed along King Springs Road and no parking is allowed along yellow or red painted curbs inside the park, especially in the turnabout. Park rangers will ticket/tow cars parked illegally.
- We use a SwimStart starting system, complete with electronic "beep,” microphone, and laser strobe.
- Regular Season: All swimming events start from the ‘deep’ end of swimming pool. Standing dives, sit-dives and in-the-water-starts permitted from pool gutter at this end. Sit-dives or in-the-water-starts (no dives) are required at the shallow end of pool for 2nd and 4th legs of 100 yard relays.
- GRPA District & State Meets: All swimming events start from the deep end of the swimming pool. Racing dives are permitted from Paragon starting blocks (29" above water surface). Standing dives, sit-dives or in-the-water-starts are also permitted from the pool gutter located at deep end of pool. Sit-dives or in-the-water-starts are required in the shallow end of the pool for 2nd and 4th legs of 100 yard relays (no diving allowed).
- Large, concrete pool deck that allows both teams to station their swimmers on the deck and provides excellent viewing opportunities for parents & spectators. Be sure and bring your own folding chairs. Visitors set up on the left side of the pool closest to concession area.
- Life guards are on duty when swimmers are in pool.
- Full concession stand, generally with hamburgers, hot dogs, baked potatos, pizza and a wide variety of other food, drinks, and snacks.
- With 8 lanes, each team will need to provide 8 timers for each half of the meet (4 for each end of the pool).
- Home Scoring Lanes: 2 & 4 (Lane 2 for relays). Visiting Scoring Lanes: 1 & 3 (Lane 3 for relays).
- We provide 3 reserved parking spaces for the visiting team and 1 for the meet official.
- We provide bottled water which will be brought to volunteers several times throughout the meet.
- Electrical power is provided at the scoring/results table.
Both the Mako and Hammerhead teams have 150+ swimmers on their rosters and we expect to have 120 swimmers (the maximum allowed) at each meet.
- We can provide your team with the 7th and 8th place ribbons you might need. Please ask if we forget to offer them.
- We use Hy-Tek's most recent versions of Team Manager and Meet Manager. We do our line-up and manually seed it (as opposed to auto-seed) in Team Manager. We hope to have our line-up completed two days before meet days to be able to compare with the other team and consolidate heats.
- We use half-page size lane sheets, with all swimmers in all heats of an event listed on each lane sheet.