Details for Visiting Teams
Tolleson Park Pool
3530 King Springs Road
Smyrna GA 30080
Visiting Team Warmups
- The visiting team will warmup from 5:00 to 5:30 (Sharks warm up from 4:30-5:00). Obviously, we advise that you get your littles warmed up early in the session so that they can get lined up for the early events as the meet will start immediately after the conclusion of your warmup session.
Important Note on Street Parking - if parking on the street, please ensure you leave 15 to 20 feet surrounding any intersections/stop signs and at least 5 feet on either side of any driveways. We have gotten some complaints in recent weeks, so please be conscientious of safety and courtesy to residents when parking.
Main Lot - We have a large parking lot surrounding the pool located off of King Springs Road (see address above and map below), and parking in this lot will be restricted as follows:
- We will provide reserved parking for away coordinator (up to 2), away coaches (up to 2), referee and ASA officials, as needed. We ask that you provide a list of your coordinators and coaches so that our parking attendants will know to admit them to the main lot. As stated above, we will have up to 4 reserved spots, and any remaining personnel will be allowed to park in general parking in the main lot. Please encourage your coaches to carpool as much as possible.
- The remaining spots in the main lot will be available only for home and visiting volunteers that will be working the meet (first come, first serve basis) and any handicap people with a valid placard or plate. We request that the visiting coordinator please send us a list of your volunteers in alphabetical order (or just download the volunteer csv file from Swimtopia and email it, see below if you are unsure how to do this) as we will have our parking volunteers checking names for admittance to the main lot. These spaces are available to volunteers on a first come, first serve basis. Once the main lot fills, all remaining cars will be directed to the other side of the park off of McCauley Road. Please DO NOT park in designated reserved spots. Vehicles parked in reserved spots will be subject to towing.
- All others will be allowed to drop their swimmers and/or tents, chairs, etc, at the drop off circle just inside the entrance to the main lot (see above), and parking is available in a large overflow parking lot available on the other side of Tolleson Park, off of McCauley Road (one block west of King Springs Road). We will have parking volunteers directing traffic to the other side of the park. See the map below for further details on parking. While we do have a lot of parking within the overall park, we ask you to encourage carpooling if at all possible.
- In addition to the overflow parking in Tolleson Park off of McCauley Road, we have verified with Smyrna PD that street parking is legal along certain streets surrounding Tolleson Park. Parking along these streets should be limited to one side of the road. Please do not block any driveways or fire hydrants and do not park within 15 to 20 feet of any stop signs/intersections. See diagram below for available street parking options. Green arrows indicate available areas and direction of parking (right side of the street only, heading in those directions); red arrows indicate streets where street parking is not permitted.
- No parking on the curb is allowed along King Springs Road and no parking is allowed along yellow or red painted curbs inside the park. Park rangers will ticket/tow cars parked illegally.
Visiting Team Set Up and Spectator Seating
- Visiting team can set up on the concessions side of the pool. See the diagram below for the pool setup for meets. Please note that the diving and our rookie area are closed and off limits during the meet.
Pertinent Meet Information for Visiting Teams
- 8 lane pool with racing-striped bottom and targeted ends
- We use a SwimStart starting system, complete with electronic "beep,” microphone, and flash strobe.
- We use the Time Drops wireless timing system which is fully integrated with our starter system and Meet Maestro. Both timers in each lane will have a Time Drop (essentially a wireless plunger) around their neck, one will operate the stop watch and one will write (as backup). As races are completed and as soon as times are checked and reconciled, individual results will be available for viewing on the Swimtopia Mobile App (requires Pro subscription to see results, available at a nominal cost).
- We also have an electronic event board that will be displayed at a height of 12' which allows for easy viewing from all areas of the pool deck.
- Our announcer will use the pool's public address system to announce the current and upcoming events. In the event of any emergencies that may require an announcement (missing child, etc), please notify the Sharks Coordinator, and we will assist you in getting the announcement made.
- Diving well with a 1m and a 3m diving board; however, no swimmers are allowed in the diving well or our rookie area (see diagram above) during a meet as we do not have a lifeguard on duty and/or dive practice may be in progress.
- Regular Season: All swimming events and/or relay legs that start from the start/block side of the pool will be either standing dives from the gutter, sit-dives or in-the-water-starts. Our turn side is 3.5 feet, so only in-the-water-starts (no dives) are required for 10 and under relay legs on this end of the pool (2nd and 4th legs of 100 yard relays).
- GRPA District & State Meets: All swimming events start from the deep end of the swimming pool. Racing dives are permitted from Paragon starting blocks (29" above water surface). Standing dives, sit-dives or in-the-water-starts are also permitted from the pool gutter located at deep end of pool. Sit-dives or in-the-water-starts are required in the shallow end of the pool for 2nd and 4th legs of 100 yard relays (no diving allowed).
Facilities & Concessions
- Large, concrete pool deck that allows both teams to station their swimmers on the deck and provides excellent viewing opportunities for parents & spectators. Be sure and bring your own chairs and/or tents. Visitors set up on the left side of the pool closest to concession area.
- Life guards are on duty when swimmers are in the pool.
- Full concession stand, generally with hamburgers, hot dogs, walking tacos, pizza and a wide variety of other food, drinks, and snacks. We accept cash or credit for payment.
- With 8 lanes, each team will need to provide 8 timers for each half of the meet (each lane will have one home and one visiting timer). The home team will provide the head/backup timer.
- Bottled water will be brought to volunteers several times throughout the meet.
- Electrical power is provided at the scoring/results table.
- We have over 350 swimmers on our roster, and we expect to have around 200 to 250 swimmers at each meet. Please let the Sharks Coordinator know how many swimmers you expect so that we can plan for concessions.
- We can provide your team with the 7th and 8th place ribbons you might need. Please ask if we forget to offer them.