Rookie Head Coach - Ellie Feldman
Rookie Coordinator - Julie Smith, [email protected]
Rookie Program Details - For our younger or less experienced swimmers who are not ready for team competition, we have our Rookie program.
Athletes that participate in the Rookie program:
- All 4 year olds (minimum age for the competitive team is 5 years as of 5/31)
- Any 5-8 year olds that are not able to pass the assessment to qualify for the competitive team.
What is an assessment?
- The assessment consists of being able to swim one lap (25 yards) of freestyle, unassisted, and one lap of backstroke, unassisted.
- The determination for passing the assessment will be made by the coaches and board members, all of whom have decades of combined experience in determining whether or not a particular athlete is ready to swim on the competitive team.
- Assessments typically occur the first week of practice, to be announced each season.